Launching: Quick Start Guide
If you are experienced in AWS and AWS Marketplace offerings follow these minimal instructions:
- Select the product from the marketplace using the Amazon Machine Image fulfillment option within the region of your choosing
- Continue through the setup and choose Launch through EC2.
- When directed to the EC2 Console choose either t2.medium, m4.large, m4.xlarge according to the required number of users. (details explained here).
- Start the instance in a VPC subnet with internet access (Matillion needs to connect to the AWS API’s and Redshift as a bare minimum).
- Attach an IAM Role that has the following predefined policies (details here).
- Under Security Group Settings click Create New Based On Seller Settings to add a security group with SSH (port 22) and HTTP(S) (port 80 and 443) access to the instance.
- Launch the instance.
- Connect to the instance with a browser using the host name and log in with the username ec2-user and password instance ID.
- Complete the Create Project setup screen to create your first project and connect to your Amazon Redshift environment Use the test button to ensure connectivity to Redshift before continuing.
- Administer user access to the instance if required.